Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hamlet: Remix


So I've been asked all day to comment on everyone's remix, and all day I couldn't really think of what I wanted to do. So as my last resort I was looking at scenes of the play on Youtube and I came across this... I'm not sure if this is COMPLETELY appropriate and I mean no harm to anyone. But it made me think, what if Ophelia actually had a friend there by her side? Just one person she could spill her heart out to?
She's obiously under a lot of stress knowing that she has to obey her father but at the same time, she wants to follow her own heart. I can proudly say that I haven't gone through any dramatic things like this in my life but I would not survive half of the things in life if I didn't have some of my close friends that I tell everything to.
Ophelia has to deal with quite a hand full, but is it a reason to let her life go to waste? No. It's weird that Ophelia doesn't get out much and that's a fair reason why she feels the need to listen to her father all the time.

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha that video was hilarious. :) So glad that you found that, it certainly would make a difference to see someone that Ophelia can confide into! Good job on finding that Chanel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very light hearted way of looking at it but informative nice find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...even though it wasn't exactly what I was expecting I can't say I'm entirely disappointed haha. This is actually really clever and I really like how you went past the video and started adding more questions into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I like the video. First one I saw that had a video. and hey imagine if she did have a gay friend? haha good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Points for a very unique remix. I agree with Torre about it being light hearted but informative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very interesting idea that could very well have changed the way the play unfolded

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fact that it's so light hearted... To me, this play can get way too dense, also tense and although it would be misfitting if it was so light hearted, it's nice to take a break from all the dramatic density from everyone and enjoy a laughter.

    ReplyDelete