Monday, October 22, 2012

Hamlet: Just because.. not my remix.


This song has been running through my head thanks to a few of my close friends and I realized that you can somewhat relate the lyrics to a few of the characters in Hamlet. I also just wanted to post this because it's a different take on the kind of songs that Taylor Swift sings. So it's whatever, just a fun thing I'm posting to keep myself interested in the play(: So here are some examples of relating lyrics to the characters:

Lord Polonius: "I knew you were trouble when you walked in. Shame on me now."
-Polonius obviously does not think Hamlet as fitting to be with Ophelia but thinks she's the reason for his insanity.

Ophelia: pretty much the whole song... But "And he's long gone, when he's next to me and I realize the blame is on me."
-Again, this whole song explains well what Ophelia may be thinking or feeling. She's blaming herself but then is so confused and still wants to follow her heart but she knows that something is wrong about what she wants to believe.

Hamlet: "No apologies. He'll never see you cry. Pretend he doesn't know. That he's the reason why. You're drowning."
-Hamlet figures out that his uncle, King Claudius is the man who killed his father. Nonetheless his mere reaction is to plan the death of Claudius.

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment