Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Socratic Seminar: "The Right to Your Own Opinion"

In today's Socratic seminar, the whole "arguement" or conversation revolved around few and specific people. Obviously Connor and Alex had something going on and most of us were caught off guard when they kept going back and forth. For some reason, I automatically had my mind set that you are not entitled to your opinion from what we discussed in tenth grade, but in a sense, what Connor was saying made sense. On the other hand, a very simple question came up that made me really think, "what is the true definition of entitlement?"
I always feel like one class period is not enough for a Socratic seminar, I personally like to hear the different sides and I'm okay with changing my opinion of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment