Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflection on Week 1

1. I don't really think access to technology will be a problem at all, but the amount of help I will get from home is very little. My dad knows nothing about technology (he states that he hates it, but loves to play on my mom's iPad), my mom doesnt even know how to turn on a cell phone, and I have the worst luck with technology, hence I don't know how to do very many things on my own laptop besides watching youtube videos, going on facebook, google, and netflix. Other than technology, sports may be the only thing interfering with my participation, but it shouldn't since I am in third period.

2. I can't really think of an experience that was educational, but I can think off one for sports. I attended a tennis program in San Luis Obispo, away from my own club or high school team. It was the most amazing experience ever. You learn so many different teaching techniques or mind sets and also you get to compete with people you have never met before in your life. I learned that patience isn't an easy thing and that anything is possible when you concentrate and put your mind to it. There were some people I knew really well, and others were people from San Luis or other cities and a group of Australians! The instructors concentrated on mental toughness and to prevent the anger and anxiety to change your game. We learned that breathing is important, alothough we all think it is a natural thing, we often forget to take full breaths when you are thinking about something that is more prioritized.

3. I am excited to be in this class because it is obviously different from all the other English courses. It doesnt follow the exact curriculum where the teacher stands there talking about books that students didn't read or watch boring movies that we don't learn anything from. This class is real, it gives you a chance to experience something new, and it looks good on college applications to be taking AP classes. I was somewhat concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the technology since I never even thought about making my own blog until I went to the orientation. I like talking to other people and memorizing things but also to try new things in general. The way this class is will most likely help me in the future, knowing that many college classes are doing this kind of way of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment